If you are serious about integrating Facebook into your company’s social media marketing
campaign, then you should have a strategic plan to drive the growth of your fan base. On Facebook, the more fans you have, the wider your potential market is. And since social media platforms also help businesses build relationships and foster loyalty among customers, a growing fan base is also a good indicator of the social impact of your business.
1. Define your target market. This will help you build the foundation of your Facebook campaign. Knowing who your target market is will allow you to gather vital information on what they like and what makes them tick.
2. Make sure that you get the tone right. Talk like them, act like them, think like them. In this way, you will be perceived as someone trustworthy.
3. Identify which types of engagement are effective. Do not be afraid to try everything at least once.
4. Look at it as a long-term investment. Do not expect positive results within days or even weeks. Building a relationship takes time.
5. Keep it real, relevant, and relaxed. Do not overdo it. If you have nothing relevant to post, do not force it. While consistency is important, quality of content is paramount.
6. Create a schedule for updates.
This is to ensure that you do not appear as though you are spamming. There are several ways to update your Facebook audience. You can start a conversation by asking thought provoking questions (stay out of controversial topics, such as politics or religion) or you can drive them to your other social media
platforms such as your blog or your YouTube channel. You can also update your audience on new products (to get early feedback) or the latest promotions.
7. Monitor and measure.
There are online tools to help you measure your Facebook
growth. Check out insidefacebook.com or allfacebook.com.